Our Roots |
McCurtain Memorial Hospital was originally established in 1954. Additions to the hospital structure were made in 1958 and 1964. In 1972 the community realized the need for a new facility and efforts were put forth to obtain the necessary funds to complete this project. The new 111-bed hospital was completed in 1974 at a cost of six million dollars.
The hospital is owned by McCurtain County. McCurtain County Hospital Authority was created in 1971. In 1972, McCurtain County leased the hospital to the Hospital Authority. In 1975, the Authority subleased the hospital to McCurtain Memorial Medical Management, Inc., an Oklahoma not-for-profit corporation
A 3.4 million dollar renovation project that updated the Emergency Room, Radiology, Medical Records, Admissions and the Gift Shop was completed in 2002.